Monday, July 20, 2009

Out for humanity!!!!!

Well it finally got started!I was not expecting it, but thanks to mother and my close relative who made it possible. About a month had passed in fun and very little work. And another month lay ahead of me with no idea of what to do.



It was not about 30 hour voluntary service you need for Duke of Edinburgh award, i already was done with that. It was about getting out of house and doing something, to learn, to help, to serve humanity voluntarily. But i was like a blind who needed some help! And so i got the help and crossed the wide gap ready for the task with eyes bestowed once again!



My social service was to be in civil hospital, it was my first day, all the things which some well known and other people had instructed me were in my mind. I reached there half an hour earlier. So had to wait for that time and a further 1 hour for waiting the person who would tell me the work, Mr.Sajid. He didn't come but fortunately i found my uncle there(working as a senior assistant prof.), he supervised me to the Dowites78 operation theatre or O.T as we call it.
I went inside the first operation theatre or lobby where i had to meet Dr.Riffat, an anaesthesiologist.

A patient was lying on the bed and the doctor was trying something with some apparatus which later the doctor told me was anaesthetic machine when i asked her. I continued to watch the things carefully and understand the procedures. The operation started, firstly reluctant, i later had the courage to watch the surgery, i saw the tools and some of the techniques. During operation the doctor called me and told me about the gigantic anaesthetic machine that was of multi-purpose. Operation lasted for more than 3 hours.

I came back down where i met him and told him about my activities. I headed back towards my home quite happy because a good 1st day and a plan of learning more next day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog